Tuesday 22 December 2015

Font Research for Billings Block

To fit the conventions of a teaser trailer, our film should have a billings block in its end screen. We would like to create our own billings block using Photoshop to use as our end screen and I therefore researched fonts online. When I searched online for fonts used in film billings block, it led me to a thread where people posted suggestions which matched the font in the posted image.
The exact font which matched the displayed billings block was called 'Bee Too' which was on font site myfonts.com. The font did fit the appearance of that in a billings block but it cost £23.20 to use. I therefore looked at the 'similar suggested fonts'.
 

On the suggested fonts I found two similar fonts. The first was on fonts2u.com and was perfect for creating a billings block due to the simple concept of using lower case letter keys as accreditation shortcuts. For example, if I typed lower case a, the entire symbol of 'WRITTEN BY' appears on screen as one character. If I typed upper case A, the letter A will appear on the screen as usual.



 This font on dafont.com, a website I am familiar with, was similar to the one above in the fact it has accreditations as single characters. I will download this font and start to create a billings block for eighteen using inspiration from existing billings blocks online.


Evaluation
  • Both fonts I found were unavailable to download on the Mac I was using so I had to free space on my computer to download the fonts there
  • The fonts with symbols assigned to credits were easy to use rather than typing each credit individually and aligning and altering the size of the font for each word


No comments:

Post a Comment