Friday 11 December 2015

Making my own production company

Smoke productions



  • I looked through my camera to select the best footage then I uploaded this onto final cut ready to be edited
  • For the production company, I used a macro lens to film a candle being blown out and filmed the smoke. A black background was used to make the smoke stand out
  • I layered a few effects from final cut onto the footage to make it darker and more professional

  • I thought that the footage was effective as it is relevant our trailer and genre of teen/urban drama
  • To make the title slightly transparent, i lowered the opacity of the text and applied the effect 'colour burn'

  • To create the sound for the production company, I layered several sound effects from final cut
  • I thought that the layered sound effects were effective and suited the footage 
Overall, I don't think that this went as well as I hoped as it was hard to film and focus on the smoke due to the low-key lighting. I feel that this production company is not suitable for our film and would probably suit a genre like horror much better as the music does not compliment the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment